Tuesday, January 17, 2006

MLK Day

I had a wonderful MLK day yesterday (even Tara's dentist appointment went well: no cavities).

A friend and I went next store to Powell's and splurged on books. I bought Boris Vallejo and Julie Bell: The Ultimate Collection (picture of a slayer on the cover). I needed it for research on the synergetics cartoons I'm brainstorming (4D Studios work).

Hey, let's see if we can find me in here (flip flip flip...): page 170, giving my girlfriend a ride (I'm the horse in the background, having the dream).

Still in a spirit of celebration, Don and I had lunch at Fujin, which included a fun conversation with the owners (about the German psyche this time).

Don raised his glass to the Reverend King, as did I.

I'm not just interested in casting fictional characters or doing cartoons. I write about reality TV a lot. Maybe you've read some of my screen writing or whatever. Real people interest me too -- as do other animals.