Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Fragment of a Day

Finished an intro to OO concepts at Winterhaven today, using the About Classes PDF (see list). I also screened the opening 15-20 mins of Revolution OS. Premise for showing that: it's important to know what "open source" is if we're one of its capitals (you can buy a copy at Powell's Technical).

Next I'm meeting with Tom and friends. Tom spearheaded TRP (Transportation Reaching People), a nonprofit arm of county government, compensating for mileage with Tri-Met funds, the metro net having a mandate to get citizens to/from important appointments and so on. This system gives seniors a more independent lifestyle in some cases. Portland, Maine has been doing something similar (I saw it on the news).

I also confessed some of my career aspirations in this post to edu-sig.