Thursday, September 11, 2008

Quiet Time

I'm in my "tie-dyed freak with dark glasses" disguise, sipping Nilgiri Blue in a local coffee joint, my daughter close by doing some high schoolers' homework.

Although I'm working pretty hard today on several projects, this is also a day for pensive reflection, meditation, and thanksgiving.

I say thanksgiving because although this is a dark day on the public calendar, most flags at half mast, it was also the day of my marriage to Dawn Wicca under the care of Multnomah Monthly Meeting, in the Rhododendron Garden's wedding meadow, on a blustery but not rainy day in 1993, a happy occasion for many nearest and dearest.

Mom flew back to Philadelphia today, for AFSC meetings and such.

I had lunch with Chuck and Mary Bolton, old family friends. Their romantically situated Columbia Gorge cabin, since sold, was a favorite hideaway for our family as well.