Tuesday, November 07, 2006

More Election Day News

Bad news was the blaze in Orlando, killing two pythons and a gator. I've got Orlando in my headlights these days, of course hoping for zero road kill (sometimes weird stuff tries to cross the road in the dark around there).

Some New York Times editorial, Russian Maneuvers, American Incoherence by one John Vinocur, suggests Russia is the baddie again, trying to be soft on Iranian vaporware plus doing evil things around energy:
Senator John McCain, a likely Republican presidential candidate in 2008, wanted America to boycott last summer's G-8 meeting in St. Petersburg because it legitimized Russia's course away from democracy and its threats to halt energy supplies to countries like Ukraine.
Politicians need ways to strike manly poses I suppose, and I'm betting the Russians'll put up with it -- it's not like they're new to such fun and games.

I bought some new shoes, laceless, checked off a few other "to doozies" (sounds like what Simpsons' Flanders might do).

Although I'd planned to move Portland Knowledge Lab, unless liberated from pay wifi by now, I didn't have time to do more than speak with management about the issue -- and pay another month. I've got too much on my plate to undertake the hassle of relocating just now.