Basically, a travelogue, to some point of interest within easy radius.
To tour is to do a random walk (or it might be straitjacketed) or “to wander”. If you have a specific mission or set of goals you might call it a “tour of duty” as your intent is to be dutiful in some way.
I woke up with strong inclinations to drive to Crown Point, even though Vista House is closed today, dog in the back seat (she likes car rides).
However, the inertia in my case is towards using public transportation, in part because I’m in the mindset of say a Lonely Planet tour guide, writing handholding prose for visitors disembarking at PDX and with maybe not a lotta time to poke around. Not everyone has the time to rent a car and visit Dufur.
So I ended up in Blue Line Max, resolving to make a pilgrimage (tour stop) at the famous “turned sideways” column of rock they sampled and preserved, then used as a physical timeline, as going deeper means talking about ever earlier times.
I took over seventy pictures in all on this tour, and a large number of them were from this granite faced timeline wherein the column is embedded, and where carvings were made (etched in stone, literally). Worth an album unto itself actually. I’ll make one up now and embed it above.

