Wednesday, January 03, 2024

Journaling on Jan 3

I just learned about the two alarm fire at El Mercado early this morning. @FirePDX had some details, but I'm at this point unsure of the damage level. Assessments will be coming in.

I'm on a rather chaotic sleep schedule, which is fine with me, as long as the option to nap keeps presenting itself, meaning not when I'm operating heavy equipment. So far, I haven't touched the car since returning from Atlanta. I've been using Trimet more. Part of it is not having Sydney, who is vacationing up north.

However said Nissan is still muscular enough to make it to various places I'd like to visit I'm thinking, so dreams of trips are taking on their own reality. 

I'm also contemplating a Gathering for Carol (G4C), now a blip on the radar of a few Friends. I'm patterning G4C after G4G in the sense that we don't have to imagine just one of them. I'd like to hold a G4C for at least a couple years in a row, giving more folks an opportunity to celebrate Carol.

In Georgia, I got used to walking at least a mile for exercise. The new terrain was interesting. One day I walked over four miles. I'll be interested in continuing that pattern, even if the terrain around here is better known to me. For example I like walking to Movie Madness.

In addition to researching the Github situation, I felt motivated to write about Clifford Algebra, which has a way of feeding into the Quadray literature, not forgetting Clifford Nelson, a different Clifford, who also wanted to equip Synergetics with a more XYZ-like vector mechanics, ala Willard Gibbs. 

My impression is ChatGPT gets all this word salad mixed up like a spaghetti ball (mixed metaphor) and relays ballpark plausible shoptalk.