Wednesday, October 05, 2022

Small Time Stuff

Maxi Taxi

I dunno if it was Synchronicity or what, but that guy in the junkyard, on YouTube, had my exact car, same color and everything.  A Nissan Maxima.  The brake pedal, when relaxed, does not hold the circuit closed, such that charge leaks out of the battery through the brake lights.  They won't go off, even with no key in the ignition, in park.

So that YouTube showed precisely the problem and the fix.  However a big guy like me isn't cut out to be up under the steering wheel.  Dave got some paper in there, to save charge, but that won't last.  I emailed my mechanic this morning, but I have no idea how busy they are.  I'll have them look for other problems.  Yes she's a junker but I don't believe in throwing away serviceable equipment unnecessarily.

I bought a new phone-based HOP card recently, so I can hop a bus any time.  I'm likely going to refrain from driving for awhile, until I get a clear lane so to speak.