Friday, May 11, 2007

BarCamp Portland

I learned about BarCamp from Jason of Virtuous at the recent Python Meetup. The venue is CubeSpace, a rennovated cube farm formerly a US Bank back office on Grand Avenue.

Barcamp is a somewhat self-organizing investigation into contemporary geek culture.

During networking time, I met up with Marshall Kirkpatrick of Splashcast, and Chris Bretano of Download Squad, who'd actually reviewed Splashcast back in February.

I'm working to syndicate my flickr photos from this evening through a embedded Splashcaster, with Internet Explorer crashing a number of times as the Flash ActiveX object encounters problems.

I also met up with Jeff, Martin and Kevin, young Free Geeks I know from our CollabTech experience with HomeStreet. And with Ki Master George, a talented former student.

:: Portland barcamp 2007 ::