Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Unlocking 1900s American Literature

I seem to claim to be a Pragmatist, enough so that I'm allowed to aim the John Dewey, Richard Rorty vector through Bucky and onward. What gives me that right.  I don't know enough about Charles Sanders Peirce, for one thing, although I did go through an abduction phase.  We had that ISEPP lecture...

I'd argue with the premise though.  I'm not the authority, clearly, I'm just into putting beads on a memorable necklace of connected thinkers.  I do it for the benefit of my students, and I haven't said you have to be one of them.  That's your decision.  Lets be peers.

Make your own necklaces, just make sure (friendly advice) you don't completely leave out some important beads.  Like Newton (as in Isaac).  Have I left out important beads?  For sure!  Why it's important to keep finding more teachers.

David left some nice comments on this one (embedded YouTube).