Saturday, March 05, 2022

Taking a Break

I'll be tuning out the lower decks insanity crisis (aka war hysteria) for much of today.  

I doubt I'll make Zome Workshop II given the overlap with FSI's presentation.  TrimTabbers have been good about recording, so lets hope I catch it later.  In the meantime, I'm looking forward to Bonnie's talk on the tetrahelix.

The phase-in of more nutritious "right brain content" -- to use the jargon -- is only by means of slow trickle osmosis that I can see.  The science journals, such as MIT Technology Review are mostly keeping out of it, while the literary journals tend to be online and few and far between.

Disruption of the status quo would be noticed, whereas making the graphics more in accordance with what's found in nature (graphene, buckminsterfullerene...) is safe.  Like I said, it's a right brain diffusion, mostly under the radar of the left brain.

I was back to looking at the Urbit ecosystem last night.  However with two sections of Algorithms and Data Structures and the mini boot camp, I haven't had much time for recreation.

When I jumped on the Wordle bandwagon (I still have yet to play the official version) I didn't yet know about Stanford GraphBase and the list of 5-letter words at professor Donald Knuth's website.  

I thought I was somehow being original in discovering the relevance of such a list, of 5757 words, to the subject of Graph Theory.  A less original discovery I could not have made.