Thursday, November 23, 2017

TG 2017

TG 2017

Carol and I were grateful for an invitation from the Bartons to share their Thanksgiving. Tara used to babysit for their kids.  Patrick and I were co-workers with O'Reilly School.

Now I'm back in my personal workspace (PWS) plowing through some instruction videos.  I did about two hours researching wars in the former Yugoslavia first.  That came up during dinner, as the war crimes trials in The Hague are just coming to a conclusion around now.

I'm thinking my next Python course should look at Bitcoin more, as an example of (a) applied cryptography and (b) using a complex API.  If you've followed me on math-teach at all, I've been pushed for more crypto along a high school DM (digital math) track.

The Bartons have a new adult dog named Quinn.  I've been getting time with Quinn when Patrick brings him to Mt. Tabor, a popular walk for a lot of us.

Tomorrow I'm up early, for travel out of state.

I didn't know that bokeh in photography meant peripheral blur, i.e. there's a contrasting focus on "what's relevant".  That gets me thinking of the Synergetics "sphere of relevance" meme, a system attuned to a frequency that dismisses a bokeh of twilight zone data.

Systems, in Synergetics, have a visual representation as spherical objects.  If you read Peter Sloterdijk's stuff, you'll get a workout thinking with this metaphor.  That could help make Synergetics useful, as a tool.