Friday, January 31, 2014

Camera Bites It



:: out of service ::


Data miners of this blog may find out about my appreciation for the Nikon Coolpix S8200, which I've purchased three times, meaning twice replaced.

Tonight the 3rd incarnation hit the floor and would not turn on, though it did USB its pictures.  I've already been on eBay, bidding on a fourth.

Followup:  looks like I snagged another one for under $80, including shipping.  Lets hope it's for real.  February 9 followup:  it wasn't.  Not in stock, listed incorrectly.  Tried again, for same model, $108 retail direct, from TheDigitalPros.com.

No wait, the $108 loss-leader was open box and all in Turkish.  The sales guy talked me into a Nikon Coolpix S9200 instead, for another $71.  He persuaded me I was being a Luddite buying a fourth copy of a discontinued model.

And now for something completely different:  layers of complexity.

No, not recursive exactly so much as fractal, analogous from level to level, but not identical.

After all, the physics changes as one traverses the size spectrum, given the surface-to-volume ratio is not constant.   Children on pogo sticks tend to make it look easy, just bouncing up and down like that.



:: by cyriak ::