Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Memory Management

We've enjoyed a recent spike in activity on edu-sig, a Python community list with a public archive.

Programmers need accurate mental models of how their computer languages manage memory. This month, our resident experts weigh in on what models to use and how best to communicate them.

Yes, I was thinking of Shomar when I mentioned the English Mastiff in my example.

Speaking of programming, I've modified my beer intake regimen (near zero for nearly a year) such that I'll sometimes sample homemade noncommercial brews, if/when these are offered. Home brewing is a favorite pass time in Portland.

I might also permit myself to enjoy a festival or two this summer.

Still no random pints "just because I'm in the mood" though -- I wasn't spending those extra calories wisely, if at all.