Friday, June 12, 2009

Garden Party

I was glad to have some time away from projects for Tara's birthday dinner tonight, sorry Carol wasn't able to join, though in spirit she might have, from Pendle Hill (a Quaker HQS). Dawn's ring turned out big time for Tara's coming of age two years ago, me just returned from Lithuania. This year, just me and the two sisters, with Laurie & Terri.

We ate out in the rain, the apple tree doing plenty to keep the drops to a minimum, excellent vegan and carnivore options, with me supplying the garlic and olive oil bread dip (bread included). We chatted pleasantly, me lapsing into geek sometimes, yakking up world domination, with or without our XOs.

I also mentioned my Princeton thesis quoting Ladle Rat Rotten Hut, one of Terri's favorites as well (she's a geek too). Some Thoughts on the Philosophy of Ludwig Wittgenstein (mine) should be at the Mudd Library in Princeton.

I was glad FixMyDeadPC could turn it around quickly, brought them a fresh terabyte drive yesterday (a Seagate Barracuda from Office Depot, greetings Clint). Tara will have her Sims 3 running soon, my thanks to the Lott family for treating her so kindly. Best wishes to Elise and Ruth at the horse contest (I know it's not called that). We are blessed with dear friends.