Sunday, July 31, 2016

Anthropology

Vi Hart reminds me of Amber Case, another cyber-anthropologist.

Her usually lighthearted Youtube series attracted the attention of John Green and others caught up in a first wave of Internet personalities becoming semi-famous.

Everyone had their own TV station.  A few took full advantage of that fact (I have a channel going back as well, somewhat mathy, where I take up such topics as hypertoons).

I say usually lighthearted in contrast to the two below, wherein Vi wrestles with her karma, bravely and honestly, with the slings and arrows taking their toll.  I wouldn't claim to being unscathed myself.  The war has been ugly.

Here's hoping Vi gets back to her naturally cheerful state.  I think it's a sign of the times that a lot of our semi-famous and famous personalities are showing more wear and tear than usual.  That's because we're seeing how things could be pretty good, ongoing.  That's a lot to lose.